Italian Christmas Lunch/Dinner

We have decided to have Christmas over my house this year. To put it bluntly I do not cook? Only if it comes in a bag or a box. I need HELP. We have decided that we want to do Italian instead of the "standard food”. So what I need from you guys is any suggestions, recipes would be great. Anything would be WONDERFUL. We have a total of 9 adults and 1 child. No worries I am capable of reading a recipe. Main dishes, sides, deserts anything to show my mother in law that I can cook if I really want to.... Yes it is to impress my family..... Thanks to all!!!!

JamiesMom08

Asked by JamiesMom08 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Refrigerated stuffed pasta- like ravioli or tortellini are delicious and easy and very filing. I would use an alfredo or past packet mix (most are add milk). Or if you buy a jar sauce you can stretch it by adding milk or heavy cream. Add garlic rolls, bread or sticks and you have a main dish.

Or you could do chicken parmigan with spaghetti.

You can also serve salad with cheese toasted baguette bread as a "first" course. And/or you can get a simple minestrone soup from a can to heat and serve- maybe adding a few touches to make it "home-y" like sprinkling it with a little shredded parmesan cheese.

Fruit makes an easy dessert or pre-dessert course. And cheesecake is a good dessert.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We make meatball lasagna out of frozen meatballs. (you thaw them overnight first). Then layer them w/ boiled lasagna noodles, cheese, spaghetti sauce, and any veggies you like (we use mushroom, onions, and green pepperts). Put tinfoil on it and pop it in the oven, 350 for about 40 minutes - remove the tinfoil for the last 15 minutes and sprinkle more cheese on top, let it melt.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 3:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• YUM... I am hungry already !!
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008