Christmas Lunch/Dinner Italian help

We have decided to have Christmas over my house this year. To put it bluntly I do not cook? Only if it comes in a bag or a box. I need HELP. We have decided that we want to do Italian instead of the "standard food”. So what I need from you guys is any suggestions, recipes would be great. Anything would be WONDERFUL. We have a total of 9 adults and 1 child. No worries I am capable of reading a recipe. Main dishes, sides, deserts anything to show my mother in law that I can cook if I really want to.... Yes it is to impress my family..... Thanks to all!!!!

JamiesMom08

Asked by JamiesMom08 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Holidays

• Lasagna is SUPER easy and delicious....great thing to make for a large group of people as well. If you want a recipe, please send me a message!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Lasagna is good you can make several trays of it to feed as many people...
    Salads with everything in them... another favorite
    Garlic Breads... with extra cheese on them...
    A Baked Spaghetti dish...(not with your standard noodles)
    A cold spaghetti dish is another good one...
    If you like any of them plz PM me... putting recipes up can be a pain here... since you aren't allowed but so many words...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• During the holidays when I was a kid we hardly had standard foods it would usually be Italian stuff =) mmm, um stuffed artichokes are good, proscuitto mixed with mozzarella and tomato salad, tiramisu is very yummy for dessert. We also did home made raviolis they were great!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yum !! all of y'all gave me some idea. And have requested a few receips thank you so much !! best wishes to all of you and your family !! This is much appreciated !!
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• join the recipes group they may have what you are looking for.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We're thinking of doing the same thing. If so, I'll be making chicken tetrazini.

I got the recipe from from Food Network (recipe from Giada De Laurentis). I've made it before and it was a HUGE hit!!!

It is a bit time consuming and may not be the best thing for a beginner, but soooo worth it!!!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 5:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I don't have the recipes, but I think biscotti would be a good dessert...a good bruchetta would be a good side. Of course get some wine! Start serving the wine before dinner and maybe they won't be hard to impress! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I would check the Food Network. They have several Italian chefs that offer their own variations on a traditional dinner; that way you are having an Italian dinner with a hint of traditional christmas.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Lasagna for most def, thats what we make every year, make more then one tre, and then you can do what ever sides you want..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 11:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• THAK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP !! I AM MAKING MY LIST NOW.. CANT WAIT TO "TRY" TO COOK. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IT GOES.. THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH... I AM NOT FFLING SO BAD ABOUT THIS NOW
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008