If all your kids are in school, what's a typical day like for you?

You've got 8 whole hours to yourself while the kids are at school.

What do you do with your time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on May. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I drop them off by 7:30. I eat breakfast, work a little in the house (house work and I have a small business,) do my part time job from 11-11:30 (I deliver lunches), run errands, work in the house more or garden, mow the lawn. Pick them up at 3:45.

On Mondays I take a spiritual exploration class at a friend's synagogue. Often one or two of us will have lunch together.
    And for the past couple of weeks I've had at least one sick kid home.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:44 AM on May. 24, 2011

• i go to work...
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:31 AM on May. 24, 2011

• i dont know what thats like yet but im counting down the days lol or years in my situation
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:30 AM on May. 24, 2011

• 8 hours? My sons' bus comes at 8:40. DD gets home at 2:40. That's only 6 hours. I don't eat breakfast or shower until my kids are at school. I have lots of meetings and appointments during the day. I wish I had 8 hours. Then I'd be able to get food shopping done while they were at school.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:47 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I spend those 8 hours at work dreaming of retirement so I can stay home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:43 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I come home from work and sleep.. Those 8 hours are my nighttime.. I work 7p to 7am three days a week :) I wake when the kids get home from school, help with homework, dinner etc...DH takes them and picks them up from school. The rest of the time when I am not working, I get up like every normal person does, clean, run errands, go grocery shopping etc...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Well I still have 2 at home plus my 3 that are in school. But before the baby was born I had two days where my husband went out of town with our youngest daughter while the older 3 were in school (only 6 hours, though) and it was so nice. I got all my chores done in the first 2 hours and then had 4 hours to myself with nothing to do. I'm looking forward to it but my youngest is only turning 1 so I have another 4-5 years. Then I'll get my chores done early and the rest of the day I'll go for walks, knit, write/read and just relax. After 15/16 years of being a SAHM (by that time) with 5 kids I will consider it my semi-retirement, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:09 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It's not 8 hrs here but that's not important. ; ) I drop my kids off at school around 9:15 and head immediately into the office. I work until 2:30 then hop back into the car to the school so I be there to pick them up when they're dismissed at 3:35. Before I had this job, I worked two full days a week and spent my other 3 days running errands for home and Scouts, cleaning, in the school for various volunteer things, etc. Those hours go quick!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:19 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I go to work!!!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It'll be 8 hours for me when the time comes. Kids get on the bus at 7:45 and come home at 3:45. Just have to get diaper butt in school and I will have a little Mama Time!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on May. 24, 2011