Binky withdrawals...

my ds who just turned 2 on sat is addicted to his binky... he wants it all day.. im tying to limit it to just naptimes and sleep before i take it away completely and when i do he has only what can be described as crack fiend like withdrawals/...im so sick of the binky..i hate the way it looks and how he wont speak when its in his mouth.. but im expecting my 3rd any day now and the binky needs to go... i cant be waking up in the middle of the night to 'find lost binkys' as ill be waking up all night anyway... any advice to make the transition any easier..

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 8:28 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son was 8 months old he kept loosing his "plug" in the middle of the night. We got no sleep. We decided to just stop giving it to him, cold turkey. It took 2 weeks but then he slept through the night and didn't miss it. Now when my DD, who is 19 months older than her brother, was about 2 she kept biting through her "plug". We were in the car and she bit through the last one we had with us. She threw a temper tantrum in the car. We pulled over and told her we didn't have any more. We pulled the plug out of her baby brother's mouth and gave it to her. She proceeded to flick it back in our faces and said, "Baby plug". She never used it again.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:37 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Try trading him the binkies for a cool new toy he wants.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:37 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Throw them away and don't buy anymore. The first day might be hard but he will get over it. I promise.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:38 AM on May. 24, 2011