Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Searching for an answer about Child Custody!

I got a divorce and my husband got 95% custody in our joint custody case. We have since gotten back together but did not remarry. My question is how does that effect the court order on custody? He claims that he still has 95% say so over the kids. The divorce and custody case took place in OK and we now live in Texas. Does anyone know where I could find the answer to this?
Thank you,
Patricia Jones

Answer Question

Asked by SeaMyst50 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Once youre back together it completely negates the court order. Texas would also now have jurisdiction over the case completely. You are residents there. If you were to leave again then you would have to petition Texas for custody and a modification with the new facts. He needs to get his head examined if he thinks a custody order after getting back together means anything. Once he allowed you to see the kids more then the order says (and u moved back so duh u are) he cancelled the order. He is breaking his court order. He would have to explain why he was A-Ok with allowing you to have more while argueing you shouldnt.

    Answer by gemgem at 2:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • LOL He must be out of his mind! It does NOT carry over once you guys move back in together. What the hell is he thinking?? Call a lawyer, get clarification. I'll try to find a link for you in the mean time. ( I can't stop laughing). Sorry.

    Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.