Would you put a tampon in your daughter for the first time?

What are your thoughts about a mother trying to teach her daughter how to use a tampon including the mother attempting to put it in for the first time? I know how I feel, but I want to know if I'm alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• umm i wouldnt PUT it in but mabye try to help her in the bathroom if she needed me to.. But i wouldnt be like spread your legs and let me do this.. thats weird.. I had a friend and her mom kinda helped her but didnt do it for her..
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• no i would not put it in for her thats crossing the line a little bit...just explain to her how to do it and if you dont feel comfortable doing that most tampons have instructions in the box just let her see those.
    karliesmom0506

Answer by karliesmom0506 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• What the heck?! No way. There is a handy dandy little pamphlet in each box that shows you how to do it. That's how I learned. If you can't read well enough to figure that out and do it yourself then that's what pads are for!
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 1:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Aemelia, that's exactly what I was thinking. That's what my mom did for my little sister. She told me about it and my first thought was, ewww! I don't know if my sister asked her to do it or how she ended up trying to help her do it but I just kept thinking there would have been no way in hell that I would have ever let my mother near me and a tampon! I think she's trying to be a really cool mom, but still!!! How could my sister have let her help. Right, couldn't she just read the damn pamphlet?! I know it was hard for me but I tried and tried on my own. No way in hell I would have asked for help. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it!
    Anonymous

• If she wanted me to I would. When I was younger I helped my best friend...and yes I put it in for her.
    I would encourage her to try herself...but like I said I would do it if she wanted me to.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Um No. If she can't figure it out successfully with the paperwork or me explaining, then shes not ready for one. By the time they are 13 or 14 and have been having periods for a year or two, they can probably get it without a whole lot of assistance.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I do not always think that is it about reading the paperwork...
    My girlfriend that I mentioned was very capable of reading and was 13 at the time but she also was scared...so I helped her put the first one in...we still laugh about it today...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Hell no! I don't even let my 13 yr old use tampons !
    Anonymous

• No I wouldn't. One, I would be afraid I could accidentally hurt her. Two, IMO if she needs it done for her than she isn't old enough to use one.

Like most things if a person is afraid or does not understand how to use something then they probably shouldn't or they could get hurt.

I would also be SURE that she read that little pamphlet and was not understood how to use them but read ALL the warnings about TSS.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i am against the use of tampons so if my daughter wanted to use one that badly she would have to read the materials and instructions and learn how to do it herself.
    Anonymous