Am i being a B*tch if i loose all contact with my childs father and his family....? They give me more of a headache than my own family and always keep up drama but idk if im being mean or being smart!!!????

confused

hotcherry21

Asked by hotcherry21 at 8:32 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• IDK are you together? Does he see your kiddo if not?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:36 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I'd limit contact.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:36 AM on May. 24, 2011

• No but I am the same way with my in laws and my own family both are to much drama and I could careless what they are doing or how they are doing it, so the less I see or hear the better,
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:37 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Keep in touch with just the father & don't talk to anyone else in his family. Tell them they can talk to your ex all they wont, but to leave you alone. i don't think there is anything wrong with it, that is how it rolls here. I don't talk to ANYONE in my ex's family. I hang up on them. I don't have time for drama....they can deal with my ex all they want....but don't call me. I'll just hang up...

my ex & i keep it civil. If he starts to get all drama queen on me....i hang up & tell him to call me when he can act like an adult. It really has worked. He rarely causes any drama because he knows i just WON'T put up with it. I'll cut him off...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:43 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It depends, What's going on? If you don't have a legal arrangement then they have rights to see the child. In order to cut all ties there has to be a legal reason which is entered into a court of law. If it is unhealthy for you and your child then you need to get an attorney and prove that there are legitimate reasons that the father and family shoud not see them. Otherwise if it is personal and pety and they just irritate you, then you will have to do the best you can to get along. How does your child feel about their father and his family ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:43 AM on May. 24, 2011

• No we are not together and he barely sees my son or does anything for him i basically have to beg for what i do get...but me and his family always have this problem come up where i want to just walk away from it all but they feel like im doing them wrong for keeping my son away they feel like i should'nt keep him away just because we are having problems BUT they don't realize that they are the problem to they get into our buisness way too much and sit around and talk about me which causes more problems for us...i mean he's already a no good man so why have them aggin the situation on its like they don't want him to do for my son but they want to it's plain out stupid to me.... i recently had my number changed because its always something with them...but they try and make me feel so bad for it and i fall right back in!!!!!!!
    hotcherry21

Comment by hotcherry21 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on May. 24, 2011

• @LeJane i do feel that it is unhealthy because in the mist of all the drama my son has to be around it and see it plus he is very abusive phsically and emotionally........@sumurai chica you are so right but his family does not seem to get it...i feel like it should just be about the kids but its always something else i just want to stay away....sometimes they stress me to the point of no return
    hotcherry21

Comment by hotcherry21 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• You only need to deal with the father of your child. Everyone else in his family can kiss your ass.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:52 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Right..................lol i feel the same way i just wish they could get through their heads i wish he could see it to...because he will start doing for my son and then stop because of something they say they tell him to stay away this and that...but i just want him to take care of my baby w/o all the drama
    hotcherry21

Comment by hotcherry21 (original poster) at 8:55 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Do whats best for your son. If you feel like it'll your son emotionally keep him away. Until they can act like civil adults.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:28 AM on May. 24, 2011