I told my mom I was pregnant on the phone...she never called back!

I called to tell my mom I was pregnant, but I said it was still very early. I also called for her advice about a medical problem I was having. She was busy at the time but she sounded excited. I told her to call me back and she said she would but that was over three days ago. What would you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• what was the medical prob? maybe she forgot....Try calling her
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Think nothing of it yet call her back sometimes ppl just need a lil time to think about the sub at hand...now if you call back and she still can't talk or does'nt take it well when you call back then you got a problem if she is in driving distance drive over i always am able to read ppl better when i see them in person........
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'd call her back. I don't think she forgot, after all that is a BIG announcement. Maybe she still sees you as HER baby and can't face the fact that you are now going to be a mother.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I know she is really happy about it. This will be my second and she has been encouraging me to start trying for another. I just wonder how in the hell she can just not call me back? I mean, what does this say about our relationship? I was the product of a teen pregnancy and raised by my grandparents with her there. She has always resented me favoring my grandmother but she was more like a mother to me. How do you just forget to call back after this? I see this as her sending me some message. Maybe she really doesn't think of me as a daughter. Maybe she's not all that concerned. She has two other kids. They are much younger than I am.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry you feel that way. Maybe just call her and talk, let her know how you feel. If you don't you are just going to let it eat you up. Hugs.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Christine0813, under normal circumstances that sounds like a good idea, but I suspect that my mother would get a sick pleasure knowing that this bothered me. I only asked the question to see if it would be possible that she only forgot which I don't think there is. How do you forget this and not call your own daughter back? I definitely think there is something behind not calling me back...but who knows. I believe there are some very deep seeded issues going on here.
    Anonymous

• SS, I really don't know what else to say. I'll just send you more hugs.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My husband thinks it's disturbing as well. Thanks for the hugs!
    Anonymous

• I think you and I have very similar mothers. Put it behind you please. You don't need that kind of stress or struggle in your life right now. She maybe trying to send you a message or she may just be that insensitive. I know my mother is.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• well seeing as your husband supports your concerns, that's good. Rejoice with him and others in your pregnancy and just put mom at the back of your mind. You'll connect wtih her again I'm sure and find out more then about what's going on. Could she have something in her own parenting or pregnancy from long ago that's affected her with the news maybe. But I know what you mean by being upset over it. My own mother when I told her I was pregnant the first time she was completely silent and wasn't happy, wasn't mad she was indifferent. My MIL on the other hand, my first baby was her third grandchild and she had six kids she birthed-she SCREAMED WITH DELITE W/MYNEWS!!
    Anonymous