china and x-mas??

is anyone else going to avoid buying toys made in china???

lolapop13

Asked by lolapop13 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Shopping

• Nope. Even if a toy is put together in the US, the odds are good that the machinery used was made in in China or thereabouts.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I try to avoid but reality is, it's hard!. I was wrapping some presents the other day and every one I wrapped was from China! Needless to say I was pissed. But the fact is, our companies go there because it's cheaper to make them and cheaper labor.

Anonymous

• Very true but why I am not buying these products is because they tested toys again and said only 1 in 3 toys was ok so 2 out of 3 had lead and a lot of other harmful things in them therefore I am doing what I did last year and only buying toys from the US , Mexico and Canada.

lolapop13

Answer by lolapop13 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yea, I try to as well, but it is VERY hard!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I noticed that just about everything we bought was made in China.
    Whenever I could, I peeled off the Made In China stickers so the recipients wouldn't worry about the product they were receiving.
    Sad.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2008