Discussion? Washington has to change

Face it, the attitudes in Washington have to change. If we want to ever be the America we once were the people have to change the ideas and goals out of those in Washington. Vote them in or talk their ear off, whatever it takes. We see the movement to do so and we see the reactions it's bringing.
Progressive and Liberal ideas will never work if what we want is prosperity. While we have seemingly allowed a gradual change towards Liberal ideas the fall has been fast and furious in the past 2 1/2 yrs.
Do you think the fall we have seen recently is from the agenda push from progressives and Liberals?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:43 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• First let me say, the word " change " needs to go straight in the garbage. Politicians have spouted that word since before Kennedy. Some people don't want prosperity Steph, that's the problem. Some people literally just want a few of their bills paid, by someone else. Currently we have almost half of the citizens not paying taxes-so literally their bills are being paid by someone else. They continue to use goods and services, they never paid for.

What " fall " do you speak of? I see the recession as caused by many factors not all related to liberal ideas. If you speak of only the last 2 1/2 years only, then I direct them soley at Barack Hussein Obama. I think he and only he, has been responsible for trying to destroy this Nation. I think, he has wanted to see America fall since he was a teenager.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:15 AM on May. 24, 2011

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3-j3HM7-A

at 0:33 he is speaking of Barack Hussein Obama

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:19 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes JewJew, I used recently referring to the last 2 1/2 yrs.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I dunno, steph. The last decade as a whole was a loss... I don't blame ANY President for it, though. I do blame the speculators in the mortgage industry.... and I never met a realtor yet who was NOT a conservative. But that doesn't mean I think any particular slant of ideas is the problem.

Things fall apart. Entropy increases. The Laws of Thermodynamics will get ya every time.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:06 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Face it, the attitudes in Washington have to change.

Yes, but to what? We heard this for 2 years. The attitudes did change. It hasn't been good. Change has to have a destination. Give it an objective to reach. Just change. That is too open. Change has to be supervised or you get what we have now.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:13 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Change would be nice - can it be for the better?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:34 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Look at what has historically happened to great civilizations. What has caused the failures? It seems America has not learned from history and may be doomed to repeat it.

Without a drastic change to our entire campaign and election systems, there will be little forward or positive movement-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Currently we have almost half of the citizens not paying taxes-so literally their bills are being paid by someone else. They continue to use goods and services, they never paid for.

And on top of that a lot of them are getting HUGE refunds!!! I'm talking $8,000 to as much as $12,000 and more back. So not only are they not paying ANY taxes, we are paying them to file.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 6:58 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Things in Washington won't change unless 1) All those currently running things leave, 2) money allowed to campaign with and who contributes to a compaign is SEVERLY limited, 3) the amount lawmakers are allowed to make while in office is SEVERLY limited & they are not allowed to accept monetary or other "gifts", 3) Perks, expensive redecorating of offices, etc are GONE, 4) you actually get people in office who actually live the same way the average American does on the same income. MAYBE if all these things (plus any more you ladies can come up with) actually happened, we'd see some real change in Washington as far as how things are done, who gets what, etc.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 7:07 PM on May. 24, 2011