Do you consider masturbation a sin against God? If not, then why do I feel so guilty if I do it?

If not, then why do I feel so guilty if I do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• What are you thinking of when you do it? That might be the cause of the guilt. I don't think it's wrong as long as you are married and doing it with your spouse. Message me if you want to talk.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I don't, regardless of if you're married or not. There is still this taboo surrounding women and masturbation that men just don't have. If they want to rub one out, then it's considered perfectly normal because they're horny beasts. Women are held to a higher, much more unfair standard.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Guilt is of the devil... one's convictions may not be the same for another...depending on one's walk what they have been delivered from and where they are going we are all convicted of different things..sex has been made to make some ppl feel dirty even though it was designed as a beautiful thing between husband and wife open up the book of Song of Solomon it is heavy hehe...but beautiful. I believe masturbating is not a sin but it also depends on the person and their heart.

TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 1:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• it is pleasureing yourself some ppl thats the only way they feel pleasure so no but i know the roman cathoic church it's like a big no no but i think it's ok don't feel bad i think God wants us to be happy so thats part of making yourself happy
    Anonymous

• http://www.amyletter.com/weblog/every%20time%20you%20masturbate%20god%20kills%20a%20kitten.jpg

Anonymous

• No, not a sin.

You feel guilty because thats how you were raised to feel.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i just never could do it cause it doesn't do any thing for me maybe cause of underlying guilt but if you feel guilty of doing it then stop doing it and the guilt will go away. problem solved. in some religious beliefs we are suppose to avoid doing it cause you are suppose to be master over your body. not the body being the master of you. this is so you have the will power to resist carnal desire that may hurt you or someone else.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Anon 1:19,

TOO FUNNY!!!

to the OP... no, I see nothing wrong with "jilling off". If you feel guilty it's probably because you got the "Sex is dirty, so save it for someone you love" speech too many times.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You feel guilty because you were raised to be sexually repressed. 

Anonymous

• Sexual desire was designed by God to be fulfilled only within the confines of marriage and to draw a woman toward her husband for a deeper level of emotional connection and physical pleasure than she can find in any other earthly relationship. Masturbation is all about pleasuring oneself. If you give into your sexual desires through masturbation, you do not gain practice in exercising self-control. This in turn builds a wall between oneself and God. causing you to lose the sense of His presence. As far as I know, the Bible does not specifically speak against the practice, but I think it does go against what God designed for us. That's why you feel guilty.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008