Yellow spit up

My DS, 15 wk old, had a little bright yellow spit up this morning. He is fed breastmilk from a bottle and I have never seen this before. He is not congested or sick and seems to be feeling fine and behaving normal.

Does anyone know what this is or what causes the coloring and should I be concerned?

wendydays

Asked by wendydays at 9:04 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds to me like it is just some of the stomach acid.....does he have reflux? I know that might cause it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I wouldnt say he would be in pain but he would be a little crankey. You usualy notice it within the first few weeks if they do have it. So I would guess that he dosnt...im looking some stuff up for you now to see if i can find anything about it...ill post back soon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Anon, he is hard to burp but I have never noticed any reflux. I am assuming he would be in pain with reflux or is that correct?
    wendydays

Comment by wendydays (original poster) at 9:09 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Is the spit-up a bright yellow or more of a greenish yellow color?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Oh yeah and how old is your little one?
    Anonymous

• Could it still be colostrum? Possibly just the color of your milk.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:23 AM on May. 24, 2011

• He is 15 weeks old and no green, just bright yellow tinged. I don't have much colostrum these days, so it seems. I pump so I can see the color and it is white.
    wendydays

Comment by wendydays (original poster) at 9:25 AM on May. 24, 2011

• When I pumped and left the milk in the fridge over night it seemed to always have a yellow tint in the morning when i went to feed it to my son. I would think it may be bile, if it keeps happening id call the doc. Its probably nothing to worry about though. Good Luck !
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:56 AM on May. 24, 2011