Homemade baby food recipe....

Do U moms have any tasty home made baby food recipe?
and I mean Tasty...My DD doesn't eat the jar baby foods but she loves to pick in my plate...

johnsonbaby03

Asked by johnsonbaby03 at 9:10 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My kids did not either..but when I made it from scratch I could not get enough in them.
    Steam the veggie with spring water...like sweet potato. Use organic because little bodies do not have the immunities we do to process pesticides. Put the veggie into a blender...pour a little of the water used to steam it into the blender. When it is the right consistency you want it to be pour the food into clean ice cube trays and immediately put in freezer. When frozen store in freezer bags. 1 cube makes for the perfect serving. You will have WAY MORE for your money compared to purchasing baby food jars. You can do this with pears, apples,..lots of things. I am sure you can find all kinds of books at the library or websites online. I know some teach you how to mix the flavors...how to do it with meats and rice. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:20 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Then give her your food. Either mash it up into puree or try baby-led weaning.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:11 AM on May. 24, 2011

• all I ever did is what I made I would throw in the blender with a little watter so it wasnt so dry.....I had to do it with the green beans because ds would not eat the baby food ones....The only thing I wouldnt do it with is the meat....it smells so bad! I also wouldnt mix anything....like dont blend peas and carrots.....sounds good...just not blended into baby food....also you dont have to blend it to mush...you can have it be a little chunkey depending on how old they are...Hope this helps =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Okay...BTW her Ped...recommended table food...
    johnsonbaby03

Comment by johnsonbaby03 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on May. 24, 2011

• WOW Thanks for the Baby Led Weaning Idea...I never hear about that....http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babyledweaning.htm
    johnsonbaby03

Comment by johnsonbaby03 (original poster) at 9:18 AM on May. 24, 2011