reading the news?

anyone see the news on this artical?
http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200812080045/LIFE/812080304
people that are close minded piss me off breastfeeding is not the only way to feed your child i hate it when people make me feel infierior cause i couldnt breast feed my children. anyone else feel this way when they read this load of crap?

kikyu

Asked by kikyu at 1:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not going to even read that. Even though we are made to breastfeed, it's a fact that some of us are NOT able to do so.
    Anonymous

• the only reason why i looked into it is cause of the title of the artical. its "formula danger" thought maybe it was a recall or something..... then i looked and well got pissed off
    kikyu

Answer by kikyu at 1:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• The article just says you shouldnt skimp on baby formula after what happened to that baby whose mother watered it down. It also says women might say she could have breastfed free but no one knows maybe she wasnt able to. I found nothing offensive in the article and I have done both breast and bottle fed.

Answer by gemgem at 1:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• they werent talking crap about her not breastfeeding,they stuck up for women who cant,anyways u learn something new everyday,she didnt know it could hurt her child,and as for wic ive herd from alot of people that they dont give u enough
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I was lucky enough to be able to breastfeed my daughter and have not one bad thing to say about people who dont. I feel really bad about that article. It is sad that she was just trying to make sure her child had enough food. Sad.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• sorry in my anger, i failed to mention it was the replys that pissed me off for the mother i feel really really sorry for.
    kikyu

Answer by kikyu at 1:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I am a breast feeding mother and I just wanted to say that while I made the choice to breast feed and was fortunate enough to be successful at it, I do not believe that women who choose not to or are unable to breast feed are in anyway less of a mother than I. I couldn't get the article to come up, but I just wanted you to please know that not all women feel this way. We are all mothers and should be here to support each other and not to bring others down. What matters is that you have a healthy, well loved, growing baby not how he got that way!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• if you get it to come up kikyu1202 is me. one of the posted replys is in boycott of nestly and there the main suppliers to WIC. i guess i just take it to personal cause i was all about breastfeeding my kids and when i couldnt it crushed me in a lot of ways..... but like i said there on my post i even tryed to pump and when you spend all day pumping ever 30 mins or so to get 3 oz and the baby kills that in 1 sitting and still wants more, well i caved at that. at 2 months my now 1yo was taking in 8 oz per feeding. at 3 we added ceral cause it was every 2 hours. and he is not fat he is top in the growth chart weight and hight. so i wasnt over feeding him.
    kikyu

Answer by kikyu at 2:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I didn't read it, either, but I'd heard about this. Be careful with the breastfeeding vs. formula feeding thing, though, the biggest fanatics I've found about that have been right here on this site!

I've been breastfeeding for over three months and definitely think it's the way to go, though I know it definitely doesn't work for everyone. I do believe that everyone should give it a try for a few weeks, though! It's always hard in the beginning, but it gets easier really quickly! :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• *Usually!
    KatieCrandall