How did you celebrate your son/daughter's first bday?

did you play any games? did you hire some entertainer? I need some ideas. Thank you

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:25 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It was small, music, cake, gifts and immediate family. Nice pics and presents......he doesn't remember a thing! LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:26 AM on May. 24, 2011

• we had a BBQ down at a park. we bought a pinata & footballs & etc for the kids that were there, grilled hamburgers & hot dogs & had some salads rice & etc., hung out, relaxed.. had about 25-30 people. it was nice
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:34 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Just with an icecream cake lol...nothing big...it was just DH and I

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:37 AM on May. 24, 2011

• We just had friends and family over to our (very small) townhouse for a few hours, for cake and presents, etc. We didn't plan anything, cause there's no way you can try to organize kids that young. I baked a cake, and we made some platters of cheese and crackers, fruit, etc. I'll never again have that many people in my house (I have a big family nearby, so we couldn't avoid inviting a lot of guests) but it was perfect nonetheless.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:39 AM on May. 24, 2011

• That first birthday was an event for family and we celebrated her birth among loved ones, took pictures for our album etc. This birthday will not be remembered by a one year old, so it was simple and family oriented.

Answer by older at 9:46 AM on May. 24, 2011

• We had a family party for both. I had a BBQ in my mom's backyard for DDs first. The theme was Disney Princess.

My DS just had his first on Saturday!! We had a party at our home, with pizza, drinks, and cake. The theme was 1st Birthday Allstar.

Here is his smash cake :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:31 AM on May. 24, 2011

• we did her first birthday at a park. We rented a pavilion and cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:52 AM on May. 24, 2011

• with my daughter we went to Southern Cal to see my father and his side of the family, and we had a family bar-b-q for her first and my cousins 26th birthday, my cousin was the first granddaughter and my daughter is the first great granddaughter so it was a very special day for my grand parents, and my son we had a family movie night and had cupcakes.
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 1:50 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Big family party at the park, had some bouncy houses, his grandpa painted faces, water balloons and water guns. It was fun. Not what I wanted to do (he was only 1, it's not like he could have enjoyed any of that) but he grandma on his dad's side wanted to throw a big party so we did.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:24 PM on May. 24, 2011