Surprise trip for my dd...need some other ideas.

My dd finishes school on the 2nd. On the following Monday I will have the truck loaded to go to a guest ranch not far from our town. She has no clue. I am going to load the truck the night before. When we get in the car I am going to give her the third Harry Potter movie so she can watch it. She won't even question where we are going. The place has a water park, horse back riding, putt putt golf, camp fires, swimming, fishing, and all kinds of other stuff she loves. We have to come back Thursday for her dance class.

I would like to plan some other small surprises for her and some small gifts to take for the evenings on the trip. I plan for it to be an electronic free week (except for the trip there). She loves to read and has read a ton of books, including Harry Potter, Narnia, Eragon, How to Train Your Dragon, and all kinds of other books. She is 8. So I need some good book ideas and some good board game ideas that just the two of us can play.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 9:33 AM on May. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i know you said she had a ton of books, but what about a kindle or the new one that has color? I realize you want it to be electronic free, but she can use it forever and so could you? I would wrap up little nail polishes, "jewelry", and perhaps her favorite treat, you might also come across some nifty stores that you can "sneak" something she admires in, have a great time,, can I come? LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:36 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Maybe jewelry making kits you can do together? Get her a scrapbook to put mementos from the trip in as you go.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:44 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I like the jewelry idea. That would be a lot of fun for her.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 9:45 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Book ideas: "From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" and "Jennifer, Hecate, MacBeth, William McKinley and Me, Elizabeth" both by E.L. Konigsberg. "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" by Elizabeth George Speare, and "Ghosts I have been" by Richard Peck. Has she played the classic board game Clue?
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:02 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Make sure she has a camera to document the trip. Life, Connect 4, Scrabble and Sorry are fun games for two.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:41 AM on May. 24, 2011

• awesome=)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2011