What do you think is the "unforgivable sin"?

I have always been taught that there is an unforgiveable sin, but as an adult who believes in God, though I do not attend church, I don't know what to think about it. I thought God forgave all. Will someone please set me straight that is smarter than me?

haroldswife

Asked by haroldswife at 1:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The unforgivable sin is not accepting Jesus as your savior. If you dont do that then you arent forgiven, thus it is the unforgivable sin.

Answer by gemgem at 1:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Molesting a child should be a unforgivable sin

Answer by louise2 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• The only unforgivable sin i know about is saying Gods name in vain and the reason this is said is because the jewish ppl would not even say his name in the bible when it was menchoned they just pause because he was so holy they where in fear of him it is good to fear the Lord thy God but don't live in fear.... i don't get it either thats just what i've been told...
    Anonymous

• blasphamy against the holy spirit.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in an unforgivable sin.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I was taught the unforgiveable(unpardonable is the word that I heard)sin was to deny the holy ghost thereby denying god and jesus,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree with anon...blasphemy of the holy spirit.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yes accept you can be forgiven for that if you believe in Christ and accept him bc all sins are forgiven then. Which is why denying Christ or not accepting him is the only unforgivable sin, bc you are not forgiven.

Answer by gemgem at 3:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• agree w/ anon abd reneek3 - blasphemy against the holy spirit. here's the bible verse.

Matthew 12:31 “So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i always been told its using the Holy Spirits name in vain. i find it interesting that even tho there are so many curse words using God/Jesus' names...but nothing against the Holy Spirit. bonn777 posted the verse i was thinking of.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008