Scared of going through baby blues again....

I had the baby blues bad when I had my daughter in 2005. I am now 24 weeks pregnant and already dreading it as i have heard they are worse with the second. I LOVED being pregnant last time but this time, I have gotten an hernia, vericose veins in legs and private area, doubled my weight gain and due in Sept. (going to be HOT) so I am thinking I will be much happier when this pregnancy is over. But my daughter starts kindergarten in Aug. and she will start up with dance again so I will be doing alot of running and I wonder if that will keep me down a bit! Is it worse the second time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did you have PPD or baby blues? theyre different. If you had PPD youre at higher risk to have it a second time. But just try to take things one day at a time and talk with your dr about your concerns.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:47 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I had the baby blues after my first. I was depressed, emotional, almost left DH. it was HORRIBLE that first 6mos
    I spent most of my 2nd pregnancy dreading what I felt sure would happen. My relationship would fall into tatters again, my son would act out and regress, I would resent the new baby, plus this time I was 1000 miles away from my family so I would be missing their support. I didn't think my relationship would survive.
    Well I gave myself a lot of grief over nothing! I knew what I was doing with my 2nd baby. I wasn't 2nd guessing myself and feeling like a failure everytime someone offered me some advice. My older sone ADORES his baby brother and helped as much as he could. My husband was also MUCH better. He knew when I needed a break, he knew how to help me better. All in all it was a piece of cake compared to the 1st time around.
    I hope you will be able to say the same.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:00 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Breast feeding is supposed to help reduce Baby Blues. Are you planning on Breast Feeding? Get some books on it and pregnancy.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:06 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Talk with your doctor about your experience the last time--forewarned is forearmed. I had battled depression long before I got pregnant and I had some frank discussions with my doctor. We decided I should stay on my antidepressant zoloft which is considered safe for pregnant and nursing women. I'm glad I did--it helped me get through my pregnancy and post partum period feeling pretty good and my daughter experienced no side effects from it. While you may not need this kind of intervention at all, talk with your doctor about your worries. They may be able to suggest a therapist or some other treatments that will help you feel better about your situation. Good luck.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:00 PM on May. 24, 2011