Please help.....

I have not a clue how to take a bottle away from a 12 month old that does not even know what to do with a sippy cup besides bite on it. He uses his bottle to even put himself to sleep. Also, do not know how to take formula away... do I just substitute it with milk?

LittleCsMommy

Asked by LittleCsMommy at 9:46 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe he's not ready for the bottle to be taken away. I wouldn't do two things at once. I'd sub the milk now then remove the bottle at a later time

Answer by admckenzie at 9:47 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I agree with admckenzie. Start with just subing for milk..try a little juice in the sippy cup durring snack time and if he dosnt take it then thats fine and give the bottle after his snack. My son would only use the cup with the straw at first. You can also try the easy transition sippy cups that still have the rubber tops...but dont use them long if you do....my son flipped out because it was going from something soft to hard.....Good luck.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:56 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My doc said to start out mixing a little milk in with formula and gradually increase it everyday until it's all milk.
    My daughter is 16mons and still only chews her sippy, don't feel bad they will get it when their ready.
    Tracee F.

Answer by Tracee F. at 8:23 PM on May. 30, 2011