What time does your kindergartener go to bed?

My DD starts in the Fall and right now she goes to bed at 9:30-10:00 and isn't getting up until 9-9:30 in the mornings. This is n't going to get it when school starts. She will have to be up at 7AM. But it is going to be hard to put her to bed this Summer while it is still light outside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• 9:00 lights out, We often read books from 8:30-9. She gets up at 6:30 for school.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:48 AM on May. 24, 2011

• between 8pm-830pm.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My son goes to bed at 8:30 sometimes a tiny bit later. He is 6 now and in kindergarten, I thought it would be hard to send him t bed when its mildly light out still but he is tied and needs the rest. Some days I have to wake him at 7:50 to get ready for school, other days he is up by about 7:30. I think your bed time may be a little late for this age?
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:50 AM on May. 24, 2011

• by 9pm
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:50 AM on May. 24, 2011

• 8pm most of the time sometimes 8:30
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:51 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My son was in Pre-K this year and will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall as well...the Pre-K students are on the same schedule as the Kindergarteners here. We put him to bed between 8-8:30 (no later than 9, if so, he is complaining of being tired in the morning) and get up at 6:30 to be at school by 7:30. We have a blind and a curtain over his window to help with the daylight coming through even though it is bedtime.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 9:51 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Grandaughter goes to bed at 8/9 PM. (They live with us)

Answer by louise2 at 9:54 AM on May. 24, 2011

• He goes to bed around 8:30 and has to be up at 6:30 because I need to get his siblings to school by 7:30. He is so tired by the end of the week that he often naps on Sat. or Sun.

Practice over the summer. If she needs to go to bed while it's still light out oh well, it's a life lesson. We all need to do things that are hard.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:01 AM on May. 24, 2011

• When my kids were that age they went to bed 7-8 pm EVERY night!! Even in the SUMMER!!! I just got those blackout curtains for their rooms and sent them to bed. When they were younger still they were in bed at 5-6 pm EVERY night and slept until about 6 am!! Now that my kids are older nearly 10 and 9 they go to bed at 9 pm EVERY NIGHT. This is because we homeschool now and I don't need them to get up to catch a bus, be ready for school (at a early hour), etc. If mine were going to public school then they would be going to bed at 8 EVERY night, just so they would get up at 6 am. As it is now with a 9 pm bed time they aren't up till around 7 am.

Your little on is NATURALLY sleeping 12 hours, so she NEEDS 12 hours sleep. If you need her up 7 am you should be sending her to bed at 7 pm.--so she will still get the 12 hours she clearly needs based on her current natural sleep patterns.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:14 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My kids go to bed at 9, but they still sleep til 9. My DH goes to bed at 7:30, so come school time, I think they will just go to bed when daddy does.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 AM on May. 24, 2011