I just wanted to voice my happiness...

so not a question but i just wanted to share this since when i share my ideas, its like family and friends kind of don't have much of a reply, maybe they arent interested or something...?

But i do have my cafemom's (sadly not real life friends, haha) but anyway, we own this farmland thats kind of an open area and "do what you want with me attitude". It looks kinda crappy because of major remodeling but it will get cleaned but i want FLOWERS/BUSHES/TREES just a beautiful yard overall!! so i'm going to work on it and make it as nice as i can; i have a lot of ideas so far written on paper.

when the house is done being remodeled, we are throwing a housewarming party and by that time i want everything to BLOOM and people have a bunch of compliments and possibly someone asking if i could do their yard ( probably not!) i would think it would be so awesome if i was featured in my paper too!!

some ideas:
a metal footboard and headboard as a flower bed
lots of climbing roses
a pond with a trellis

ok thats enough, getting too long already!

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 9:54 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Okay - this is MY personal preference, but I don' t like old metal beds as flower beds. That's just me though.
    Its your yard....have fun!! You could also look at an old bathtub to be used as the pond.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:23 AM on May. 24, 2011

• yeah i have heard pple dont like that idea, my husband actually doesnt either. i never did until now, idk who. i got a pond i havent used yet so i'll prolly use that!! thank you!!
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Why dont you do an old wagon instead of a bed ? I think the bed will look kinda dumpy... JMO.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• ya..thats a good idea too, i think we may have one around
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I like the idea of using a wagon. I might have to do that too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• yeah, any ideas here appriciated too
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Sounds like a nice place you have there. Good luck with the landscaping.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:04 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Sounds like youll have loads of fun decorating your yard. We put a huge flower bed in our yard last year.. I love what it does to the yard. Hope you have loads of fun!!!
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 8:25 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I have one sister that has a bunch of boots in different sizes in her flower bed and she has chickens & hens growing in them. It looks cool. I have another sister that has bowling balls in her flower beds. Sounds strange but looks cool as can be. I also love your idea of the "flower bed". That is awesome and have always wanted to do it if I had a big yard. Sadly, our yard is too small. I am excited for you and would love to see pics when you get it done. Keep me in mind when you do post some and let me know!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:25 PM on May. 24, 2011

• That soudns great. Go for it!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:20 AM on May. 25, 2011