Can I wash this dolls hair?

I have a really old doll. She's one of those that have kind of long hair, and she is wearing a really big layered crocheted dress. My daughter has taken an interest in her, and was playing with her hair today. Trying to brush it and put clips in it etc. I know when I was younger the doll's hair was easy to brush, but over the years it has become matted and coarse. Do you think it would be ok to wash her hair? I don't want to ruin anything.

lilbit837

Asked by lilbit837 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yes, it's okay to wash but use a small amount of hypoallergenic laundry detergent with no dyes or fragrance. It's similar to the detergent you would use on a babies' clothes. Just gently rub the laundry detergent and water through the dolls hair and rinse out. Be very gentle because older dolls tend to lose hair easily.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 2:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2008