the When and How baby shower planning!

So basically..im due in April..im 5 months pregnant.. almost 21 weeks...
and i was wondering..what month is a good month to have a baby shower?

also..the people that want to throw me a baby shower never met people in my family that i want at the baby shower..do i write the invites

what happens? this is my first child..im scared..nervous..excited...all the emotions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Who ever wants to throw you a shower can and they can do it whenever they want. If someone says they'd like to throw a shower, as if they would like a list of friends and family. My SIL had a hard time with our MIL because she wanted to invite more people than my MIL was able to accommodate. Since someone else is throwing the party for you, it's best to recognize the limitations on your control of the situation. You really get very little say and it's actually kinda nice! Like I said they can do it whenever they want, but it's usually more fun if you are 8 or 9 months along because then you are really showing! Have fun and congrats!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Lol that's how I was. Anyway I know alot of my friends and even myself had the baby shower either the 6th or 7th month we were pregnant. I had mine in July which summer is a great time to have a baby shower but you won't be pregnant anymore when summer comes back around. You can write invites or buy them. I got mine from the dollor tree and they were pretty cute.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• well, my family always planned a baby shower @ 8 months. you can send them the invititations but i recommend you that the people who are throwing the shower should send them because where is the fun if they know that you know already
    Milindus

Answer by Milindus at 2:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Lol with my 1st I had 3 baby showers. I had one on moms side one on dads side (they dont get along) and one with my friends because there were so many. People offered to do it but with my second I asked my MIL and OMG she was ESTATIC! Anywho I think 7-8 months is good. I did mine at 6 though because I am due in February and didnt think Dec. was a good month since people are on vacation and really strapped for money this year and Jan. people are still recovering from christmas and Feb. Cutting it too close. If you have any big, expensive events that occur in your family I would do it sooner rather than later but if nothing urgent coming up I would wait until Feb. or March.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I had one with my husband's family at seven months and my family had one for me at the end of my eighth month. Shoot for closer to seven (if they're giving you a choice) so you'll have time to buy the things you don't get for gifts and make sure you have everything ready, just in case baby decides to come early. Timing really doesn't matter all the much, though, as pregnancy is SO uncertain! Baby could come early and "ruin" the whole thing, but having the shower too soon is not as fun, either, because people like to see you when you're huge!

Find out if your family is planning on having a shower for you first, then ask the people planning the other shower how big they're thinking, and whether or not you can invite extras. Etiquette says that you shouldn't write your own invitations, though lots of people do now. I personally think it comes across as greedy to do it that way, though. Have fun! :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Give a list to whoever is throwing the shower of all the people you want there with phone numbers & addresses. I suggest 6 weeks before baby is due- sometimes baby's come early- best to have your shower and all the things you need from the shower before baby's arrival. Tell the hostess in advance what time or day and what kind of food you want- people forget pregnant women can't eat everything and have sensitive tummy's sometimes. Do you wnat it ladies only or w/the men too? Do you want a wishing well for all those small things like bottle brushes, diapers, wipes, pacifiers etc. Games? Have fun- but seriously leave the bulk of the work and planning to the hostess its your day to enjoy : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I HAD MINE AT 7 1/2 MONTHS PG BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO BE HUGE AND I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE PARTY. ALSO I WANTED TO SEE WHAT I GOT SO I WOULD HAVE TIME AFTERWARDS TO BUY WHAT ELSE I NEEDED. I HAD SEPERATE SHOWERS, ONE FOR MY FRIENDS ONE FOR MY FAMILY AND ONE FOR MY BOYFRIENDS FAMILY. HIS FAM LIVES OUT OF TOWN. I LOVED HAVING 3 DIFFERENT ONES, IT WAS MORE OF A RELAXED SETTING AND GAVE ME MORE THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008