Can video Games destroy a relationship.

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 10:00 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Only if you let them.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:03 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Good question. My hubby goes on late at night after he has done everything that needs his attention. I wish you the best. My son is on 24/7 when he does not have school. It is a virtual reality of so many diverse people. GL.
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 10:06 AM on May. 24, 2011

• If you are addicted to playing games, it can lead to broken relationships.

World of Warcraft has broken up plenty.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:12 AM on May. 24, 2011

• The games themselves cannot but the misuse of them can be detrimental to relationships and to the individuals who become obsessed with playing them. The bigger problem is that addiction to them is a sign of a character flaw which goes much deeper than what can be seen. If I were involved with someone who had the need to play games all the time, I would question the why of it and would suggest getting some help to discover that reason.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:20 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Only if you both haven't different views on it! I think they take you away from reality.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:58 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Anything can destroy a relationship if you let it.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:06 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My first husband was/is a gamer. He was never addicted, but it was an activity he was very involved with that I had no interest in and it only reenforced how mismatched we were.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:11 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes they can if that is what the guy chooses over you and your children.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 11:57 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I have heard women say they can. I don't know about you, but I would unplug the damn thing. I would hide it or seel it if it was causing my marriage issues.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:00 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My personal opinion.

Video games in and of themselves...... No. Video games by themselves have no affect on a marriage.

Can a person choose to ruin their marriage via video games by doing things like: wasting needed funds on video games, blowing off obligations to play video games, blowing off family/family time to play video games, ignoring their spouse to play video games..etc... Yes.

It's the choices that individual's make in regards to how/when they play video games that can ruin a marriage. Not the video games in and of themselves.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:02 PM on May. 24, 2011