Leaking diapers? Possible medical problem?

My 13 month old dd has recently been waking up in the morning with a soaking wet diaper. I mean so wet that her pants are really damp all around the diaper. She drinks a 7 oz. bottle at bedtime, and always has. We are using papmers and have been since she was born. This problem has only been going on for about 2 weeks. I'm not sure if this could be a possible medical problem? Or maybe just too much milk before bed. Also she drink soy milk, not sure it that makes a difference. Any advice as to why this might be happening would be great! It's very sad when I get her up in the moring and her poor legs are damp and cold. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You may need to move up a size in diapers.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• try one size up diaper for nights
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my daughter does that almost every night but shes 3
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Or you can try those Goodnight diapers. they are really good.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• its NOT a medical issue. it happens to majority of children. you just need to change diapers or move up a size. nothing wrong with that.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son was doing the same. I now use LUV'S and they work great.........they swell up like a pillow when wet.
    haveahappyday

Answer by haveahappyday at 2:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I used to have that problem with pampers. We have tried like every kind of diaper now. I really like either the target brand or white cloud.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• we have this problem we now use huggies overnights and put a plastic daiper cover over it. Cleared the problem right up. Before that I was waking up in a puddle of his pee every moring. Gross.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm sure you just need to move up a size of diapers or get the overnight kind... But if you think it is a medical issue-take your little one to the Dr. to rule it out!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I don't really think it's a medical problem because she is sleeping fine and acting normal. And this only happens during the night. Naptime she has no problems. I just wasn't sure. I will go up a size. Aaagghhh size 5! haha
    Thnaks for all the advice and reassurance!
    Anonymous