I read another question about marriage and the woman is married to a man who does not take care of her and her children how long would you stay? How long would you stay with a man who did not want to take care of you or even help?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 10:05 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I think she was lured in by a charming act OP.
    I wonder how long they've been married. I might stick it out a year to see if things could work out, but I really couldn't say as I've never been in a situation even close.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:31 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I stayed for 20 years in fear of being by myself with three kids, guess having there I felt safe...........stupid I know but I finally wised up and was not by myself long and I have found the PERFECT man since :)
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:07 AM on May. 24, 2011

• guess having there I felt safe*

having him there
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:08 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I went into a marriage where he made promises before hand. He was working fulltime, said he was committed to taking care of his family, and then we got married. I had a son previous to the marriage, and he turned on him about 6 months after we were married, and I was pregnant with our son. I thought I would try to make it work, I didn't want another divorce. Things would get better for a little while, and then get worse.Much worse at the end, so by then I had finally saved enough money, got an exparte order, and filed for divorce. He was out of the house but the hell didn't stop there. Not until he went before a Judge and got the shit scared out of him for what he was doing to me... So I stayed in the marriage for 6 yrs, and that was 6 yrs too long, but had I known before I married him how he would be after I never would have.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:15 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I stayed for 10 years.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:05 AM on May. 24, 2011

• What do you mean by "taking care of her" ? Emotionally or financially? I guess some women stay for different reasons.Usually it is because they want to make things better and can't see themselves giving up on the marriage ...until they see it will never get better.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:21 AM on May. 24, 2011

• If I was with a man that didn't take care of me then he would be kissing my ass goodbye. I dislike guys whom pretend they care then whenever they get and do nothing for you. I think that woman needs to kick his ass out of their relationship and find someone that will treat her good.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 11:56 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I think I know the question you are refering to. I would not be able to stay with someone like that. He knew that she was a package (her and kids) before he married her. If he was not willing to give her and the kids his insurance or help support them then he should have said so before the marriage. Not wait till after and tell her he is not the dad and he won't pay for them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:14 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I am on the opposite side of this situation. I am engaged to a man that has 3 kids from a previous marriage. I pay half the bills, he pays the rest. His dad and brother also live with me. I bought the house we all live in for his family. Legally I am only responsible for 1/8th of the bills, even after we marry. I however love them all. It is not possible to love a person without loving thier kids too! I loved his kids before I ever met them, because I love him. If the situation were reversed I would expect the same. If a man said he loved me, but didnt want to support my kids... I would laugh in his face on my way out the door.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 1:35 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I've stayed for 13 years in fear of being by myself with 2 boys, and no place to go; stupid I know
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:51 PM on May. 24, 2011