Any suggestions how to heat up a bottle for camping? I thought maybe for other campers with babies someone found an easier way.

I do not have a bottle warmer and I rememer with the twins that the early morning bottle feeding was rough. Any suggestions to make it a little bit easier?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:16 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Heat up some water at night, put it in a thermos, and then use that water to make the first bottles?

They do have bottle warmers you can plug into your car cigarette lighter. Also, you could buy an inverter for your car cigarette lighter (your husband will know what an inverter is, if you don't, or you can google it) and then you could plug a bottle warmer into that. Assuming that you are not primitive camping and your car will be nearby.

You are brave to camp with small kids! I used to do it with mine all the time, it was so much fun, but doesn't it make you glad that you live in 2011 with the modern conveniences??
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:31 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I have always given my room temp bottled water with no problems, would that be an option?
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:45 AM on May. 24, 2011

• heat up some water in a pot in the camp fire, or on one of those small propane stoves & sit the bottle int he warm water.

If heating up in the campfire, you can just sit it in the ashes near the fire. It doesn't have to be IN the fire, just close enough to warm up the water. Then take it out carefully & sit the bottle in the warm water.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:19 AM on May. 24, 2011

• will you have any way of heating up water? if so then heat up the water first...if the weather gets cold at night keep the I'm assuming jug of water under some blankets or something to keep it from gettin too cold.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:20 AM on May. 24, 2011

• get a water cooler that can hold hot beverages and heat water to boiling hot before you go to bed put bottles in the cooler and as the hot water cools the bottles will stay warm....?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:20 AM on May. 24, 2011

• i guess you could just put the warm water in a bottle...lol...My DD did not drink formula, so i never put water in her bottles. Just breast milk...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:24 AM on May. 24, 2011