When is it okay to date a married man?

Last night at a family dinner with MIL my Dh's uncle came with his girlfriend. Not his wife who was working a shift at the hospital, but his girlfriend. Before they could get into the dining room MIL stopped them. She politely told them that they was not welcomed in her. She then went and told the uncle that he better not ever disrespect her home anymore. He was to never bring another female unless it was his wife to her house. MIL was HOT, but she did all this with class. The girlfriend then called MIL a bitch and went ghetto on us. All hell broke loose then. For someone who go to church every Sunday, MIL had the devil in her last night. lol They finally left after some choice words. I am at awe at what women will do to be with a many(any man). This woman got piss because we did not accepted her to the family dinner. Are you serious? Us women should have more respect for ourselves than this. When is it okay to date a married man? I would say never until he get a divorce. Most will say if they are legally separated living in their own home. I don't agree with that, but I will respect you opinion. I think it is not okay to be with a married man if he is living at home with his wife. It doesn't matter if he said the are not sleeping together or talking anymore. If you are not living with them how would you know for sure? Whose to say that the wife is thinking that every thing is all picture perfect and doesn't have a clue? A couple of days ago there was a woman on here who said that she did not break up her lover's marriage because he had an affair on his wife numerous time and she kept taking him back. Do you think that is an excuse to date a married man? I know that the men has just as much fault as the women do. I am appalled at some of these women behaviors and the length they will go through to justify their actions. Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Your MIL is my hero.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:23 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It's never okay to date a married man, or woman.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:22 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Sure you can date a married man... If you're the one married to him. Your MIL rocks!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:39 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Didn't read your story, just your headling ... it's NEVER ok to date a married man or woman!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 24, 2011

• NEVER. NEVER. NEVER. And NEVER.

I don't care if he's separated... still NEVER.

When he's no longer married, THEN you can date him. As long as he is married, NEVER.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:03 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It is NEVER okay. I don't care if he is separated he is still legally married and that is just not right.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:05 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I would like to give your MIL a pat on the back. Good for her! I would have asked them to leave also. If the divorce papers have been signed by both parties and they are just awaiting the court date which has been set.... Than I think its OK to date other people. I do not however think its OK to introduce the new girlfriend/ boyfriend to family until the divorce is finalized. Thats just trashy! That man disrespected every married person at the house by bringing his bimbo over! The only reason why I think its OK to date before divorce is because in my state you have to be legally seperated for a year before youre even allowed to file for divorce. I think youre disrespecting yourself if you get with a man that hasent waited atleast a year before starting another relationship.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 1:20 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Never, never
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:23 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It is never okay to date a married man.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:23 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Thank god your MIL had the balls to confront the uncle and the woman! Can you imagine how awkward that meal might've been if nothing had been said?
    It's never okay to date a married man... and it's definitely not okay that the uncle thought that was okay!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:25 AM on May. 24, 2011