38 weeks and having a large baby...

My first child was 10 pounds now this one is already measuring at least 9 pounds at 37 weeks... i was induced my first pregnancy and was in labor for 30 hours. I am 38 weeks now and my doctor said that at my docs apt. on thursday she is going to get my cervix going and then she said I should go home and have sex...she is hoping we can get things moving along naturally rather then having me induced next week. Has anyone ever had this done or even heard of a doctor doing this and if so does it work? I know everyone is different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had sex 3 times a day for the last 2 weeks of pregnancy and NOTHING happened. I hope you have better luck. I gave birth at 40 weeks 5 days to an 8lbs 7.5 oz baby ... so she wasn't small, but def not a 10 pounder lol!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My first was 10lb 7oz....I had a failed induction=c-section. You are better off if you can get things going naturally. Good luck Mama.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:52 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I am guessing that she is saying that she is going to strip your membranes. It can work but if your body is not ready it will not. It is worth a try.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:26 AM on May. 24, 2011