When did/will you put your child in a toddler bed?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 2:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Our son who is now 2 1/2 was put into a toddler bed around 15-18mo. of age... He was starting to climb on furniture and we didn't want him to try to climb out of his crib!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• we put our dd in a toddler bed at 20 months. We were getting ready to have a second baby and I didn't want to have a million changes all at once. Plus she figured out how to climb out so it timed well. I wish we could have waited a bit longer though because she slept way better. Now she gets up and comes in our room in the middle of the night.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 2:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my daughter is 2.5 and still sleeps in a crib. The rails are too tall for her to climb out of and we won't move her until she can climb out of it.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 2:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son also around 18 mo because he was trying to climb out. He loved it, yet he still won't sleep in it at night.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 2:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We put our LO in a toddler bed when he was 12 months. He hated the crib and would just scream in it. Putting him in the toddler bed helped alot.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• 15 mo.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 4:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my son started climbing out of his crib and falling asleep on the floor when he was 18 months old. it would be so cold in our room and i would wake up to him freezing. he stayed in his bed for a couple more months until he turned 2 and then was moved to a toddler bed. he no longer gets up and sleeps on the floor.
    proudmama_2boys

Answer by proudmama_2boys at 9:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My daughter is 2 1/2 years old now and was put in her toddler bed at 19 months old. We switched when we found out we were pregnant with our son. We didn't want her to think her brother was in her bed, so we switched her well before we had him so she would be adjusted to having a big girl bed!! Other then her getting out of bed to play when she should be sleeping we have had no issues. We got a video baby monitor for her room just to keep an eye on her while she was playing. She always gets back into bed when she's finally ready to sleep though.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008