Potty training...need some help!

My son will be 3 in July. We've been trying to potty training for a few weeks now, but it isn't going well. We sit on the potty for at least 2 minutes every half hour. He loves sitting on the potty, but he rarely actually goes in it. He has peed in it only a few times. I've read about the one day method, but I'm scared to try that. Has anyone done it? How well did it work? Any other tips, tricks, advice, experience is welcome. Thanks

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 11:24 AM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had dd start by sitting on the potty UNTIL SHE went. after she went she got 30 mins to play, then it was back on the potty until she went again (have lots of sit down games, tv, etc ready, so theydon't get overly bored). after the second time he goes, move it to 40 minutes between.. after the third move it to an 50 minutes, and after the 5th, move it to an hour. the next day do the same.. by the third day he should be going without you having to time him out.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Have you tried to have the water running when he is sitting there....thats what I have to do with my son or he wont go at all. I just started about 2 weeks ago and so far he has been doing good. Good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:40 AM on May. 24, 2011