When did/will you put your child in a toddler bed?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 2:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• At 2 1/2 went from very comfy crib to equally comfy toddler bed....still no BIG bed yet....but we're working on it.

(Of course DS is ready, but DH & I are wussies)
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I put my dd in a toddler bed about a week after her first birthday. Her crib had become unsafe for her. She adjusted so well and so easily she just must have been ready. I know that is early for some but it worked out well for us. :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Both of my girls went into the toddler bed at around age 2...My oldest was a little younger than 2 but I wanted her to feel comfortable in her bed and not like the baby was taking her crib from her. My youngest was a little over 2 and we decided when we moived to our new home that my oldest would get a big girl bed and my youngest woulfd move to the toddler so we did'nt ahve to set up the crib again. Neither of them had any problems with either transition and sleep in their own beds every night. Except for the one night I found them both asleep in the big girl bed. That was too cute!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• around 2 1/2 but i put her in a regular twin beb shes never fallen out
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We moved our son to a toddler bed at almost three years old - I know this is probably considered late, but it took him until that time to try to get out on his own. We also knew we would be moving soon and were trying to have the two events not coincide...now we are struggling to get him to stay in it. For our younger son, we plan to move him from the crib to the toddler bed right around his 2nd birthday...he's a climber and as soon as he makes any attempt to get out, the switch will happen.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 4:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm hoping to make the move late this winter. My daughter will be about 2.5 years. Right now, I know she would NOT sleep if she had the freedom to roam her room and play so she stays in her crib for now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son and my daughter at around 15 months old. I moved my son to the toddler bed early because we were expecting a 2nd baby when he was 18 months old. The two share a room and the older was climbing in and showing her very erly how to climb out! So my BIL was giving us his twin bed, I moved the older to the twin and the baby out of the crib! He was under 3 when we did that too, I believe!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 5:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son was about a few weeks shy of turning two. He was about to figure out how to climb out of his crib and I really didn't want him to fall out and hurt himself so I put him in a bed. He really doesn't have a toddler bed. It is a regular bed but we put up a toddler rail to keep him from falling out. I didn't want to pay for a toddler bed and then have to turn around and pay for another bed. He didn't really have any issues with it. But I do have a friend who keeps her children in a crib until they are three. And it works for her children and they are not harmed by being in a crib that long. So I think every parent has to do what they are most comfortable with.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• both of my girls right after they turned one went straight to a twin sized bed..on the floor with a boxspring. then when they learned to stay in it and not fall out i put it on a frame. to me toddler beds are a waste of money unless u have a crib that turns into one. IMO they are just lowered cribs with no railings.
    Love_Stoned

Answer by Love_Stoned at 7:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My son was 2, my older daughter was 18 months, my younger daughter is still in her crib and she will be 3 in three weeks. My SS came to stay with us when he was 3.5 and he went straight to a twin bed he never slept in a crib or in a toddler bed, he slept with his great grandmother and mother. My younger daughter is still in a crib because she can't fall asleep in a regular bed she has never tried to climb out and she loves her crib. I have no idea when she is coming out of it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008