His reasons why...

They have not filed for divorce...
1: all their collective debt..they are filing bankruptcy..well she is and he's going along with it and ruining his perfect credit which would happen with divorce anyways

2: he saves money on insurance like car and house because he is married

3: they are not fighting so no real reason t until he is ready to marry again...yeah that 1 totally pisses me off

4: He is waiting for her to do it because he feels guilty for the reason he left...he didn't cheat..the thing is she is not ever going to do it!

5: My opinion...they are fucking lazy!!!! They were supposed to do this credit counseling thing before they filed for bankruptcy...they were told a month ago to do this and she finally did it only because people from the bank were actually coming to her house

So are reasons 1 and 2 at least valid reasons to not file right away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, they are being lazy. If there are no kids involved, it makes it a lot easier. Their lawyers would be the ones doing just about everything....

I would not be dating this guy until he had prof that the divorce is coming long.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:34 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Are you with this guy? He is setting you up for heartbreak.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:36 AM on May. 24, 2011

• No. He isn't going to divorce his wife, he has no intention of divorcing his wife.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:36 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Run while you still can.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:38 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't believe 2 is accurate. My insurance was the same amount before and after I got married. Valid or not, I don't believe any of them are the real reason, which sounds like he's just not ready. BTW, if they wait until after they file bankruptcy, what lawyer will take the case (given they have no credit)?
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 11:40 AM on May. 24, 2011

• i mean absolutely no offense here, but he does not sound like a man. He sounds very childish. If he has moved on and is in a relationship with you (i'm assuming) that should be reason enough to get a divorce. If they are filing for bankruptcy anyway then divorce her and he needs to pay what he is supposed to pay as a single man. not trying to cheat the system AND YOU. You can do better in my opinion. Good luck.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:41 AM on May. 24, 2011

• They are really not good reasons. He is just stalling it out. I have known guys like this they make up reasons why they are waiting on their divorce of whatnot and its only because they are actually not getting a divorce, i think you should get out before you get hurt. he seems like that kind of guy. Sorry. :(
    mrs.miner

Answer by mrs.miner at 11:42 AM on May. 24, 2011

• i would tell him you need to take a break until he gets his sh*t together
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:43 AM on May. 24, 2011

• You need to get out and go and never look back..........sorry to be so blunt.

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:45 AM on May. 24, 2011

• No sounds like the reasons my ex gave his mistress as to why we were living together, and once separated not divorced. Mine never had any intention of filing and was calling me behind her back begging to come home for YEARS.

Answer by gemgem at 11:45 AM on May. 24, 2011