White...

So, for those of you who abide by the 'no white before memorial day rule and 'no white after labor day' rule...please fill me in on how you feel about this and I would like to know what you know about this rule because there are alot of crazy explanations for this rule and only women have some rule against all of us wearing/not wearing white before and after these two national holidays. Please...school me for minute ;) woah...longest sentence ever! haha :)

Burt929

Asked by Burt929 at 11:35 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Holidays

• Google it. There are lots of reasons explained.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:41 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Dude, I have enough things to worry about to be worrying about that stuff LOL. Sorry, wish I could help. But yeah, I'd just google it.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 11:44 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Ok...I've googled this...obviously. I'm trying to find out what YOU think! So please, no worries, just fill me in on what you think.
    Burt929

Comment by Burt929 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Coming from the Deep South with a mother who followed this pretty closely, I think one reason is to differentiate the seasons in a region where there is little difference between the weather in, say, March, May, or October. This way you save your "summery" white clothes to wear only during hot weather between Easter & Labor Day. When I lived in Houston, I wore the same kind of lightweight cotton shirts most of the year. I actually enjoyed wearing "summery" colors and "fall/wintery" colors to differentiate the season in my wardrobe.

On the other hand, the rules could just be there to be b*tchy and to separate those who "know" from those who "don't know!"
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:48 AM on May. 24, 2011

• yup, just what i wanted to hear hahaha! that is so true jmpj8107. thats exactly what i was thinking. i wear white whenever i want to and i dare anyone to say anything about it, cuz if i managed to keep the shade of white that i walked outta the house with even after having my 2yr old around...then im not bothered with anything or anyone!
    Burt929

Comment by Burt929 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on May. 24, 2011

• ive never heard of this b4
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:39 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• that's just what we do
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• never heard of it.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2011