What is this pain?

I am having excruciating pain in my tummy, upper left upbove the belly button. I have called the doctor/nurse hotline 4 times and they have told me time and time again that it is just a "stretching pain", but that wasn't good enough for me. Has anyone else experienced this type of pain and what did you do to ease the pain?

jennifernolker

Asked by jennifernolker at 11:37 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it is stretching pain and you can take tylenol but that's it
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:39 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Yup, take tylenol and rest.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:42 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Throughout your pregnancy you will experience a lot of odd pains. Some common ones are "feels like I'm being stabbed in the crotch with a knife," "ribs feel like they were punched," "feels like needles are stuck in my leg," and "worst pain ever radiating around my stomach."

The answer to pretty much every pain question is either ligament stretching, sciatic nerve pain or practice contractions. "hormones" is another common answer you will get for any number of symptoms.

Hope this helps, good luck w your pregnancy:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:46 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes sadly it is ligament pain, Im sorry thats probably not what you want to hear. If it gets worse or spreads to your side or anything and get accompanied by any other type of symptoms bring it up with your doc. i dont want to freak you out or anything but pain that starts at your belly button if it radiates to your right side and also makes you nauseous and lightheaded and such it could be your appendix. but really, its rare so dont stress over it, thats not good for you or for your baby. It IS MOST LIKELY JUST ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN. i get it a lot too. feel better!!!!!!
    mrs.miner

Answer by mrs.miner at 11:47 AM on May. 24, 2011

• stretching pain, or baby pushing against there.. try laying down and relaxing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• When I first found out I was pregnant.. I was having SEVERE, literally crippling pain in my stomach.. I went to the ER, (Thats when they told me I was pregnant).. I had an ultrasound 2 days later, and everything was fine..The Tech told me that the pain was most likely caused by the cyst rupturing from where the egg was fertilized.. I'm not saying this is your problem, but this may be something for you to consider asking your doctor about! (Also, that was at 5 weeks. I am 14 weeks, and baby is perfectly fine!)
    Momma2be11

Answer by Momma2be11 at 12:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I must agree with the the prev poster. This is my 3rd and it will be my 3rd csection too. I started having them at 12 weeks. I was told the more babies you have the sooner they happen with each one. There isnt much to do to stop them but when you have them take a breather move slowly. Mine happen alot getting out of bed off the couch or out of our van. Take it easy mama!
    horseap

Answer by horseap at 9:42 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Thank you ladies!  Do you think my pain could be caused because baby is breech?  No amount of tylenol or rest is helping the pain.....

jennifernolker

Comment by jennifernolker (original poster) at 10:41 AM on May. 26, 2011

• not too sure on that one. MMMAAAAYYYBBBEEE I could see that because the weight of the baby is sitting differently. Talk to your ob/midwife about it. I asked my ob to see if a bellysupport would help and he just told me that there isnt much that can help...
    horseap

Answer by horseap at 3:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011