i am curious... i just found out about a week ago that i am pregnant.. my periods have always been messed up all my life so im not for sure how far along i am. my breast have been tender for about 2 weeks now. does anyone know how far along that would put me at with the pregnancy?

pinpointing conception with breast tenderness

jessica1980351

Asked by jessica1980351 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There is no way to tell by breast tenderness. Your doc will do an ultrasound and give you an estimated gestational age based on the size of the baby and the placenta. Congrats!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• mine were never sore when i was pregnant the only person who can tell you is a doc
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Your pregnancy date starts at the first day of your last period. You can go online and figure out your due date based on that date...It doesn't matter how messed up your cycles where or how sore your breasts are- or anything else.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You can probably get an accurate date by counting from the start of your last period (that's Week 1), but the only way to get a better idea is to have a dating ultrasound, which you'll probably have very soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I had my period with my youngest until I was around 4-5 mo. The dr. told me that I was no more than 6 weeks. Then get sent in for a u/s and was asked if I wanted to know the sex! WHAT!?!?!? I was 20 weeks and 4 days or so. HONESTLY until you get dated you probably won't know and you can ask when you visit the dr. or just tell them you have no idea and they'll order it up for you.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008