Toy box and book holder

hi all...i am looking for a affortable toy box that is big enough to hold enough toys. not too big but not to small either. almost a book holder also. she does not have any shelves in her room and her ceiling slants so its hard to put any up and i rent. i was thinking one of those houses that are book selves but i don;t know if they are worth it.

thanks for all your input.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 11:42 AM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would look at wal*mart for a toy box
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:44 AM on May. 24, 2011

• These are 60 dollars at walmart.com with free shipping site to store. You can put books in them. My son had one like this but he had too many books after a while and we had to give it away and get a big bookshelf. Good Luck.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:45 AM on May. 24, 2011

• honestly, I went to Walmart and bought a large rubber made tot w/ a lid for my kids' toy box...it worked great and they have many sizes at reasonable prices. They also have short bookcases for like $15. I didn't see a need to spend a lot as they are going to out grow needing a toy box and after the toys are gone, the tot can be used for storage.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 11:46 AM on May. 24, 2011

• well my mother has the dora one already and i just want one box. oh and i want a separate thing for books. actually scratch the book thing. i already have area for that but i really want a toy box. thanks for the in put though.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 11:48 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I use a play gate with small and big rubber made containers. We can see everything and clean up is easy.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• i don't want just a rubber container. i would like one of those like toy chest that are not characters so this way i can put things in it after she outgrows the toys. i saw one but it seems it was rather small from the reviews. i would love to do it myself but i am not sure. i want a white one.
    well she is only 2 so she has a long ways before growing out of her toys. so that is why i wanted to get something neutral this way i can just transition it instead of having a character.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 11:54 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Walmart sells fabric boxes. That's what I use for my daughter's toys.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:00 PM on May. 24, 2011

• thanks all.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:51 PM on May. 24, 2011