Bunion

Has anyone ever had a bunion "removed?" If so, what was it like? I'm thinking of doing it this summer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Health

• I have them on both feet. Mine get so painful sometimes, they are huge :( I asked my dr about having them removed, but he told me it is best to wait as many years as possible before getting them removed. He said that recovery is horrible, and it would be extremely painful to walk for a long time. You will have a pin put in your foot, and have a cast. He also said they will grow back over time.... *sigh*
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 11:56 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I had both mine removed at the same time. It was no big deal. I pretty much walked teh next day, though not much. Do you work? I stayed off work for a month because I worked retail. If you don't stand all day you can go back sooner I had them removed in my early 30s. If they are bad I'd do it. Mine have not come back and I'm 49. I see no reason to wait. Not sure how they do it these days but I didn't have a cast. They were wrapped for about a week or maybe 2 and I had to wear these big clunky sandal type shoes. After they take the pin out (that was the worst part, it didn't hurt but felt really gross)you wear these big clunky blue sandals for a couple more weeks. I'd make an appointment with a podiatrist and find out exactly what it entails.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We saw a podiatrist yesterday. I just wanted to get some feedback from other people who have had the procedure done. Thank you both for your answers, insight and bumps.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:17 PM on May. 24, 2011