Can I change screen name?

moon571

Asked by moon571 at 12:00 PM on May. 24, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I was told the only way to change it is to delete this entire profile and start over.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:01 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Nope, you'd have to delete your account and make a new one.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:03 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Like pookiekins34 said, no. They say it's so that you can't just keep changing your SN and bullying people or stalking people, etc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:03 PM on May. 24, 2011

• No you can not just change your screen name.

In order to create a new screen name, you must cancel/close your present account and start a new one under the new screen name you want to use.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:04 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It's against CafeMom TOS to have more than 1 account unless okay'd by the CM team.

Do not create multiple accounts on CafeMom.

Each member of CafeMom is allowed to have one account. If you need a second account to manage your CafeMom group, it is usually allowed with permission from the CafeMom Team. If we discover you have multiple CafeMom accounts, we may cancel that account in addition to your original.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:16 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I did this, and let me tell you, it was a pain. The CM team ok'd me to leave my first account open for a little while to get all my info- friends and groups and such- and then I closed the old account. I hated being treated like a newbie when I had already been here for 2 years at that point! lol At least I like this screen name much better. My old one was coolmommy3.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:17 PM on May. 24, 2011