Do think that the United States will continue to lead the world in wealth and innovations? (well, we are already lagging behind in innovations) Or will we become the UK, and another country will be the world leader?

you know, saying the world doesn't end in 2012...

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think as long as Jimmy John's keeps delivering, we'll stay on top of things, and maybe come back around. I mean, who else could innovate a sandwich straight to your door in five minutes? Seriously. That's straight up American right there.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 2:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think that we will lag in the next few years because the economy is bad, the dollar isnt worth alot, we have large debts, and all of that combined is going to lead us to not be as innovative because we simply wont have the money to fund new projects. As long as we get the economy going, stop spending where we dont need to, and stop bailing companies & peeps out we should be ok. We have had hard times before (Great Depression comes to mind) and came out stronger in the end.

Answer by gemgem at 2:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Honestly, I find it hard to believe we lead the world in anything anymore. Assuming that we still do at this point, I don't know that we will continue to. Things have to change. I don't know what needs to change, exactly, or how, I just know something's gotta give or we will end up seeing another country as the world leader.
    Anonymous

• LOL 2012.

I dunno...to everything there is a season, yanno?

Rome eventually fell, but Rome is still there. We can't rule the world forever.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think it depends on if we lose sight of capitalism. Top producers and inovators won't keep doing the work for everyone else to benefit from. Truth be told, it seems that very little happens with any new administration. They all say they are going to change things, but things don't change that much in the end. It's all in our leader's hands, it will depend on what they decide.
    Anonymous

• we lag behind a lot of other countries in a lot of areas, education, infant mortality, health care (for all), gun crime rates. And even though we are one of the richest nations, the concentration of wealth is mostly in the top 1%, and with the record number of losses of jobs and homes, we are really not the Greatest Country in the World,,,,,right now. We have a lot of improvements to make to get back on track to becoming great again.
    LilDi

Answer by LilDi at 3:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2008