Do you have the worst luck in picking check-out lanes?

I've noticed that no matter which lane I pick, it will be the slowest! If Lane A has 10 people and Lane B has 3, I'll pick B - but then the register will spaz out and Lane A will clear out first. Or I'll pick the best looking one, and the person in front of me will need a price check on something at the back of the store. It never fails! And heaven forbid I change lanes because of the computer glitch/price check. As soon as I get to the other lane, the problem will clear up and a new problem will take place on my new lane. I've learned not to bother - just stick with the lane I'm in, regardless of problems.

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:32 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Shopping

• oh my gosh yes sometimes i do and i hate it... like it could be the shortest line but yet the person ahead of me is taking for ever and i never get it... it drives me crazy.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:34 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It never fails. I always pick the wrong lane.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:35 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I always manage to pick the one with the slowest cashier. It drives me crazy.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 12:37 PM on May. 24, 2011

• That is SO ME TOO!!!! Or the clerk will be new and have no clue, or the clerk will be super chatty. I love a nice hi how are ya, but seriously? Do you need the life history of the 3 people in front of me?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:38 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Check-out lane, bank teller line, traffic lane, I always get the dud. If you don't have anything to do today, stand behind me!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My DH has that bad luck, I'm pretty lucky. I love the self checkouts, he can go to one and inevitably SOMETHING happens.....he always leaves the store grumbling......LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:49 PM on May. 24, 2011

• That is my life!! Even my husband is amazed when he is with me how whatever line I choose turns into the slowest one in the whole store. One time I got lucky and got in line as the person at the register was completing her purchase; she was swiping her card literally she was less than a minute from being done.- card declined! Conversation ensued, manger was called, card was swiped again with same result. Transaction was voided as she went thru her things to pick out whatever necessities she could buy with the cash she had. This whole thing had to take 20 minutes...I would have gotten in another line but all my stuff was on the belt and there were people in line behind me. I just shook my head...this is pretty typical for me.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:56 PM on May. 24, 2011

• That or when they person in front of you uses 10 gift cars or their credit cards doesnt work . Been there done that.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 6:29 PM on May. 24, 2011

• all the dam time i swear check out lanes HATE ME
    BiTcHy_MaMa

Answer by BiTcHy_MaMa at 8:17 PM on May. 24, 2011