I kissed my hubby's best friend... Should I tell hubby?

Background: His best friend who I will name Tom.Tom is married also.Tom as ALWAYS jokingly flirted but nothing went past joking. No one is bothered b/c we always jokingly flirt.Like I said NOTHING has ever went past joking. Hubby & Tom work together also.
Saturday:We all (everyone from hubby's company) went out 2 a night club after dinner for hubby's company Christmas party.We all got SLAMMED.OK and no I'm not blaming the whole action on alcohol although it did have a part on it b/c had I nor him not had that liquid courage nothing like this would ever happened.Anyways it started out "fun" flirting and we had a long passionate tounge kiss. Should I tell hubby or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You need to ask yourself if your marriage is worth working on? If you love your hubby and want to be married then yes...tell him.

Open and honest and go from there. If you feel guilt, it will show and it will come through in your relationship. If you get it out there might be hard times and trust might have to be re-earned but it will be worth it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You were completley in the wrong for this and there is never really innocent flirting if it crosses the line this way. You have two choices, not tell your husband and hope he never finds out. Or be honest and tell him and hope it doesnt ruin your marriage.
    Anonymous

• no don't blow this up just talk to him(the guy u kissed) tell him you where tippsy and to forget it and act like it never happened and tell him to tell no one do this asap... before he has a chance to spread the word because some guys o kiss and tell...
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• That depends mama, oh what a tough situation you've caught yourself in. Is this a one time will never ever happen again situation? If so is your SO's friend willing to keep his mouth shut as well? If it were a drunken debacle that you feel you can keep from your hubby I see no point in rocking the boat. If you think you can't live with the secret or if you don't tell someone else will then yes, it's best your hubby hear it from you and not over a coffee break at work. APOLOGIZE and make a promise you can keep. If this is something you want to try again with the friend or someone else then tell your hubby and do the decent thing and leave. Noone deserves to be cheated on you know?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• NO! What good can come from that? Just leave the guy alone. Don't ever do it again. If it was just a kiss and it was only this ONE time........let it go. They work together every day and I don't think the outcome would be very good at all. Don't go out drinking again with this guy and if you have to try and limit your time around him.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• everyone that said no is wrong you need to tell your husband if you dont and it comes out later then the outcome is goin to be a lot worse then if your open with him about it now. and yea there proble wont be nothing good to come form it but at least you told him the truth
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Anonymous

• You know your relationship - would you expect your husband to be honest with you? Would you rather find out from him or someone else? Or would you rather never find out at all? I would tell.. but that's me. When it comes to my relationships I am passionate about honesty. I feel like the lie hurts worse then the action (not speaking up) -- your kiss was an accident, your choosing not to tell your spouse is deliberate. I speak from experience - that I have told and took the consequences for my actions. I felt it was the right thing to do. At least I knew there weren't any surprises around the corner. Everyone makes mistakes - how you handle those mistakes is what defines your character. Again, totally my opinion.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• What do you think your hubby's "BEST friend" is going to do? How do you know he's not going to tell your husband first?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008