What is the earliest anyone had their baby?

My SIL just gave birth at 36 weeks and baby isn't doing all too well. My family and I got to talking about premature babies and I was shocked to hear of some stories of women who had their babies as early as 23 weeks and their little one is doing great!I guess I didn't realize the things they can do to keep a baby going at such an early time. Would love to hear of some wonderful stories about other mamas little miracles :)

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 12:58 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was born at 28 weeks gestation (3 months early). Today is her 11th birthday as a matter of fact! She is my miracle baby!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:04 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I had my daughter at 33 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. She weighed 2 lbs 15 oz and was 16" long. She didn't have to be intubated, and the only mild complications she had was light jaundice (almost all preemies do) and anemia that was treated for a week.

She spent 28 days in the NICU fattening up. She's a very happy and bright 3.5 yo now.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:17 PM on May. 24, 2011

• One of my kids' classmate's mom just had her baby at 27 weeks 3 days - she's doing incredibly well. Another teacher in our school had her baby taken pretty early - prior to 30 weeks (major medical issues for mom, baby was starting to suffer) and she's now about 3 weeks past her due date and doing very well too.
    Anonymous

• wow, i had my ds at 36 weeks and he was fine, other than a little low blood sugar but my cousin had her baby at 27 weeks and the baby is fine, she just turned one :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:48 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My best friend had her daughter at 23 weeks the cord was wrapped around her neck and after trying many different things they took her in for a c section. Emma turned 2 in March and is doing very well. She had to have surgery on her eyes at 6 months, and will be having surgery on her heart on Thursday. She is a happy healthy toddler she was delayed on milestones but as of now is caught up. It was def hard for my friend and her husband, we call Emma the miracle baby. My friend had 3 miscarriages before she was born so her angels have def been looking out for her. My friend is pregnant with her second one due in November.
    damselphish

Answer by damselphish at 4:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I was 32 weeks, baby went to neonatal but is fine at 8 years old.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:13 AM on May. 25, 2011