Not sure whats wrong with my baby..

my 5 month old has been acting fussier than usual this past week and i cant seem to figure out why. She does seem to have more gas and she has not pooped in a week either so im thinking that may be it too. She usually has a poop once a day but not anymore. She is also fussier when i go to put her to bed. She will scream until i get her to sleep but wake up after 15-20 minutes and want me to nurse again. This is really frustrating me because my baby is usually so content!

lovemylife88

Asked by lovemylife88 at 1:05 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd go buy infant suppositories at the pharmacy

Answer by admckenzie at 1:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• teething and possibly constipation. Maybe sensitive to something you're eating..
    TheHappyChicken

Answer by TheHappyChicken at 1:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• a week of not pooping when usually she goes once a day means she is probably constipated, might want to figure out what you ate that could have caused that - but for the extra fussing, she could be going through a growth spurt
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:19 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My son went a week without pooping recently and my pediatrition said if he goes more than three days again to give him a bottle with water and a little corn syrup and this would help him go, they really dont like you to do the suppositories at such a young age.
    nataliemaddymom

Answer by nataliemaddymom at 1:19 PM on May. 24, 2011

• a breastfed baby that eats is not constipated, so there is no need for suppositories, or corn syrup or juice.
    it still could be an upset tummy. try a tummy massage, and bicycling the legs. it could also be teething. it could also be something that you are eating.
    is your baby eating any solids, or just had or is taking a medication or vitamin?
    i am on my 5th child, and there have been 4 times where i could not console her. it is soooo frustrating and even a little scary. we are having one of those moments right now in fact!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:38 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I would be rather upset if I had gone a week without going.....upset enough that maybe there is nothing else bothering your babe. I would take care of the poop problem first.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 1:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• my son became constipated even when i was nursing. pediatrician told us to use a rectal thermometer to try and loosen things up a bit. it worked for us. good luck!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 1:53 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Rub her tummy to loosen her gas, and call the pediatrician to see what they say. I have a 5month old and they are either teething around that time and it's normal they can be fussy
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:09 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Sounds like your little one has some tummy troubles. I recommend looking into infant massage. You can be taught how to massage your baby to help in most situations, calming her, tummy troubles etc.. it really works!
    Wyomingmama

Answer by Wyomingmama at 3:50 PM on May. 24, 2011