Why do people think that having a lot of sexual partners makes a woman a "slut"?

Maybe she is just secure with her sexuality, as long as she is safe, why is there always judgement

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I completely agree with you. I see nothing wrong with a woman who is secure enough with herself to not think she has to limit herself sexually. There's nothing dirty or nasty about it, as long as she's having sex because SHE wants to. The only time I see sex as "wrong" is when women have sex out of the feeling that their partner wants it, when they themselves don't. If you know yourself, are strong and secure, you know when YOU want to have sex and you do it. I don't see why sex is considered dirty or wrong but a trip to the spa, which is no where near as good as some good sex, is not... I mean either way you're having good healthy fun, right? So why is one okay and the other isn't? In my book, it shouldn't be that way, but it's this twisted world we live in - WAY TO NARROW MINDED & CONSERVATIVE!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I would think the same whether it was a man or a woman.
    Anonymous

• Women who sleep around A LOT usually have deeper issues that need to be dealt with. They more than likely have daddy issues.

Regardless if it's a man or women, i think it's gross if either has had too many partners. I would not sleep with men that i knew were man-sluts & my husband would not sleep with women who are women-sluts. We both think sleeping around too much is gross. But, that is just our personal opinions.

Women are responsible if they get pregnant. A guy can run off never to be seen, but women get stuck with the baby. That is why it tends to seem more irresponsible when women sleep around vs. men. But, i personally don't believe in that double standard. Man sluts are just as gross to me as women sluts.

BUT....it's no ones business. If you do sleep around & like it keep it to yourself. It's usually the women who flaunt it that are called sluts.
    Anonymous

• I dont think that. I judge people case by case.

Answer by gemgem at 1:08 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Good question, considering its okay for a man to do it.. They do it and its SOOO awesome and GREAT. But when a woman does it.. They're whores and sluts and everything but a child of God.. I've never understood it myself.. Double standards, of course. Everything is different for a woman than it is a man.
    Momma2be11

Answer by Momma2be11 at 1:08 PM on May. 24, 2011

• There's no such thing as safe sex...only better-than-nothing sex.

A condom doesn't prevent the spread of herpes, hpv, or crabs.

A condom is in real life only 80% effective in preventing pregnancy, and viruses are infintesimally smaller than a sperm cell.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 1:18 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I am baffled by how many are using the word "gross." I don't understand what makes sex gross until you get married and then it's ok?

Anyway... to me it isn't the number of people that makes one a slut. It's not the girl going to bars and having one night stands that seems slutty to me, it's the girl at parties taking off all her clothes and dancing on everyone for attention.
    BIG difference
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:53 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think its none of my business at all
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:09 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't understand why it would be "disgusting" to other people? If that is the choices someone makes and as long as they are safe and responsible, what is wrong with sex, just for sex's sake?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• There is judgment because some people are still stuck with the mindset that women should be choosy about a partner and not "sleep around". Or they're the kind of people who think that you should wait until you're married. Some cultures see a woman who has premarital sex or has had sex with a lot of partners as someone who isn't good enough for their family. I guess it depends on the person or personalities of the people involved. If my son was with a woman who has had many sexual partners I would think that she might have a disease or should get checked out for things. That would be my first thought but I think everyone has a judgemental part of their brain but they overcome it when they find out who the person really is. Judgement is natural, some are just better at hiding it or not as expressive of it.
    Anonymous