How long should I wait after I have my baby to have sex? adult content

Normally, I would just wait the suggested 6 weeks that the Doctors tell you, but my husband has been deployed for the past 6 months and should get R & R sometime after the baby is born. I am 38 weeks and will deliver sometime in the next 3 weeks and he will be home probably in 4 weeks. Now I know I would want to wait longer than a week or 2, but what about at 3 weeks? Has anyone had sex before the suggested 6 weeks and had complications? What are your experiences?

DHerald09

Asked by DHerald09 at 1:08 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think I have actually waited the 6 weeks with any of mine. My last though it was right around 3 weeks for the same reason as you. We used protection and took things slowly. We had no complications and it was better than waiting another 6 months. That is just my experience and you can take it for what it is worth. Personally you could mention it to your doctor but for the most part they are going to stick with the 6 weeks just to be on the safe side. You might be ready before then but that is something that you and hubby will have to decide.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:22 PM on May. 24, 2011

• They say 6-8 weeks because A. You're still bleeding, and healing from birthing and B. Because you're more fertile, all the unused, and non-dropped eggs are dropping and you'll end up pregnant all over again!
    Momma2be11

Answer by Momma2be11 at 1:12 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I would talk to your doctor but I think they are pretty serious about the 6 weeks wait for vaginal intercourse. There are a lot of other things you can do to be intimate with your DH though. Your body really needs that time to recover and if you got an infection or something that could be very bad. I wouldn't decide anything without talking to your doctor first. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:13 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We did at 3 weeks out and 2.5 weeks out and were fine. I'm so happy your hubby is coming home from his R&R soon!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 1:27 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It was 6 to 8 weeks for us
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I think you should wait until you feel ok down there, I had soreness for longer than 6 weeks, we ended up waiting about 8-9 weeks.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 1:37 PM on May. 24, 2011

• we tried around 2.5 weeks and it still hurt so we didn't do it but around 3 weeks all was good just certain positions hurt just use protection, and take it slow and make sure that if u r uncomfortable with any part cause it hurts then make sure to say something cause it is risky.
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:16 PM on May. 24, 2011