Starting potty training today... Any advice?

My son was easy we took away the diapers and he just did it. He was 3.
No DD is 2 1/2 and always wants to go potty but when we get there she just plays. I bought her a lil pink potty and all she wants to do is play with it. She hates her diapers and is always taking them off so I would like to train her.
Please help.
My son was so easy but I have a feeling my DD is a goofball and this will be a challange. She just wants to play with her pretty pink potty.
I even bought a potty training doll. One of those with its own potty

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 1:14 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Patience
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• She JUST peed on the carpet lol
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 1:25 PM on May. 24, 2011

• maybe buy her some pretty panties with her fave chareter on it..i took my girls with me to buy them so they can pick them out,my oldest was easy but i have a two and half year old too she gets the potty and knows what she is supose to do,if she does it is a differnt story lol.i also praise her when she does,like get happy and make a big deal out of it..also when ever you go take her with you,show her how you do it..shell get it..good luck
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 1:31 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Get her a seat that fits on the regular potty. My son just played w his small potty too. Take away the diapers and give her prizes when she goes in the toilet. Good luck:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:37 PM on May. 24, 2011

• @ Bloomsr I have one of those too. :( She pooped once with it then thats it
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 1:38 PM on May. 24, 2011

• You can put an egg-timer and tell her that she only has time until the timer goes BEEEP! And then have fun with it! And reward her. And if she doesn't do it, say, time's up! I know that some toddlers have the understanding of Shame, so you can also explain to her that walking naked, picking out her nose, and peeing in her pants are no manners for a young girl. Mommy doesn't do it, daddy doesn't do it. Or take her to the potty 15 minutes after a meal or such. I used to put a whole act for mine: I would say out-loud, 'Is the rain coming yet, princess? We need to make it to the castle before it starts!" and she will giggle and run to the bathroom. Have fun with it any way you choose to do it.

OhBabyMine

Answer by OhBabyMine at 1:41 PM on May. 24, 2011