Need help???

I have a ten year old daughter. I have been having trouble with her lying, not doing as she is told, and so on. I will ground her and take things away but it doesn't seem to bother her. She is wanting to do singing lessons, it is monthly and not by contract. Would it be wrong to give her a try at the singing lessons and see if she gets better. Maybe make an agreement with her, if she gets better she can keep doing them. By them not being by a contract I can always stop if this doesn't work. Any opinions????

RelaxedMom2-3

Asked by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:23 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think it sounds perfect. Allow her to start and then make sure she understands that failure to not change her behavior results in the loss of singing lessons. Hope it works!!! Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:24 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Giving her something to work towards is a great idea. However, I would definitely sit down with her and go over what you expect. Sometimes a broad stroke statement of "you need to behave better" doesn't help the child know what you are expecting. I've learned with my DD that I what I think it expected behavior and what she thinks are expected behavior are two different things.
    LilLady75

Answer by LilLady75 at 1:02 PM on May. 26, 2011