What is one thing you can do to change the world?

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• we can raise responsible children who are also tolerant and involve in helping others. Teach them to recycle and to be able to grow their own food if need be it. Teach then that they are not better or above anyone else regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation etc. teach them to respect this planet as well as everyone and everything living in it. I will also continue to Volunteer as much as possible to help those who needs us.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 5:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I went back to college and got my education so I could have a positive impact on people. I went back with the intent to help families affected by child abuse and domestic violence so they would have a voice in court should they need one, and someone to talk to.

Answer by gemgem at 2:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think the world would be a better place if we all helped each other out without being asked. when i was a child all of the neihbors would watch each others animals, houses ect just because it was the right thing to do.
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Raise my children to be self reliant, self confident, responsible, caring individuals. You never know who can change the world (for the better).

Try to be more understanding of others, even if I don't understand why they think or do the things they do.

Anonymous

• It may not seem like much, but I can raise my daughter and future kids to be tolerant, loving, and kind to their fellow human beings. I'll die happy if I know that my kids want to be open-minded, intelligent, and respectful.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• recycle, and it's easy to do
    LilDi

Answer by LilDi at 3:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My first thing is to raise my children to be confident and respectful contributing members of society. I believe if we ALL lead by example, and lead with respect, care, and grace~then the world will be better.
    My business, at times, allows me to help people make their lives better when dealing with physcial challenges/hardship. (I am an Interior Designer, focused on Universal Design)
    My faith allows me to be involved in the community and help reach out to people.
    Because of my husband's job(AFofficer), I find myself striving to help Airmen and their families lives a little but better (as possible) during deployment.
    It's all about giving yourself and getting involved and we can all change the world.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ohh and sorry I couldn't come up with just one. This is something i believe strongly in.
    I think if we do anything during our individual lives, it should be to try and make the world a better place. :)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Put a brick in every toilet.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 4:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think one thing is just being nicer to people and helping them when you can. And raising your children to think and do the same. If everyone did that, I think the world would be a much better place.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 8:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008