How do you get someones birth certificate when they were born on an army base in germany?

Dh was born in Germany on an army base and we dont know who to contact to get his birth certificate? Any ideas? Thanks.

bethybk21

Asked by bethybk21 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Travel

• ask very nicely? omg i don't know go ask the nearest recruiting station and they should be able to tell you something about it
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Oh, I wish I could help you! We thought that we were going to have to go through this too, my husband was born on a base in Taiwan. Anyways, finally his mom found his birth certificate, but the thought of trying to get it was scary. Start with a recruiting office, just to get a phone number somewhere of someone who might be able to give you the info you need. Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• you have to go thru the state department...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080619105800AAGjS9b hope this helps...
    sweetscrappin